Business Development Manager
Are you an experienced BDM having sold into the construction industry?
Want to play a pivotal role in growing a young business?
About Our Client
Anglian Metal Deck (AMD) is a steel deck manufacturer, delivering innovative, high quality steel decking to the UK's construction sector. Their product range delivers impressive structural performance together with great value. Combined with excellent customer service, they have a compelling package to offer their clients.
AMD is a division of Canam Steel Inc (Canadian Corp), one of the world's leading structural steel enterprises.
The primary responsibility for the Business Development Manager will be to identify new business opportunities within the construction industry.
Further responsibilities include:-
- Identifying and contacting potential clients and industry contacts to help grow and develop AMD's presence within the market and generate sales opportunities.
- Using existing contacts, lead generation systems, industry knowledge, industry press, research and networking events to build relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and competitor activity that helps identify opportunities for AMD.
- Managing and developing a sales pipeline in line with corporate objectives.
- Working closely with the Director's of the business to execute the 'go-to-market' strategy.
- Meeting an developing relationships with buyers and specifiers to identify their requirements and promote AMD's capabilities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Business Development Manager:-
- Will preferably have experience of selling structural steel into the construction industry.
- Will be a self-motivated, self-starter, enthusiastic, driven individual.
- Has a strong sales track record of identifying new business opportunities within the construction industry.
- Will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders at various levels.
- Must be able to travel across London and the Home counties with frequent visits to the Head Office in Sudbury.
- Will be able to manage a quarterly pipeline effectively and providing an accurate forecast to the directors.
What's on Offer
On offer is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to be part of something special and a real opportunity to make a difference!
You will be rewarded with a generous basic salary and bonus with company car or car allowance plus a number of other benefits!