Business Development Manager
Great company offering precision engineering services
Massive growth and career progression opportunity
About Our Client
My client is a leading and highly innovative manufacturer of engineered solutions which service the European Hi Tech manufacturing sectors.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to have full accountability for strategic sales and business growth within the UK and Ireland market.
The successful Business Development Manager will be coming from a formal technical sales development background and searching for the next level of cross functional team engagement and responsibility with the desire to contribute to long term company strategy.
You will be joining the business at an exciting period of growth and be part for the future expansion.
The Business Development Manager will:
- Manage and grow the sales of existing and new OEM customers within the UK, selling bespoke engineered services for the manufacture of critical components.
- Be responsible for acquisition of new customers in the UK and Ireland as well as developing the well-established existing customer base. Customer segments include: Medical, Defence and Aerospace.
- Follow through the whole technical process of advising customers on appropriate technical solutions, looking at drawings and designs working through the specifications through to close of sale.
- Work with other divisions, partners and engineers on expanding knowledge and use of the overall capability and develop cross territory unified customer relationships
- Increase the customer account base by identifying key business relationships through proactive business development and marketing.
- Act as technical advisory to customers and liaise across internal business functions to ensure best outcome
- Demonstrate professionalism and credibility to further advance leading profile with in the market.
The Successful Applicant
The Business Development Manager required will be a qualified experienced salesperson who is degree qualified in a technical discipline and can demonstrate a 'hands on' approach to work. The Business Development Manager needs to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, have good sales experience and be equally confident in dealing senior stakeholders.
The Business Development Manager needs to have the ability to think laterally, work independently, create solutions, and close sales.
The Business Development Manager will have:
- A good technical degree and real life appreciation of working with technical drawings
- Commercial sales track record in strategically winning profitable business selling technical solutions; ideally within the Medical, Defence and Aerospace however experience within other adjacent sectors will be considered.
- Demonstrable stable tenure in previous roles held.
- Proven sales history in developing major corporate accounts and ability to work proactively to create and develop new business in a highly motivated team environment;
- Strong ability to communicate and interact with people within the team, across the business, particularly in marketing and operations, as well as with customers and prospects;
- Ability to work at all levels ranging from technical engineer to board level
What's on Offer
£60,000 basic with 20% OTE + Car and Benefits.
Based along the M4 corridor