Business Development Manager
Are you seeking a longstanding business with an equally progressive culture?
Do you want to be rewarded off the back of your commercial wins?
About Our Client
In a time of economic and commercial uncertainty, it is important now more than ever to secure the right opportunity within a business that is not only stable - but thriving.
Our client boasts over 50 years in the bespoke packaging industry, selling packaging solutions primarily into industrial sectors, with expertise in specialist freight and pallet requirements.
They have huge backing from a global player in the packaging industry granting them reach to an international audience, paramount for growth in today's increasingly globalized markets.
They hold a large and loyal client base retained over the long term, and a vision of growth and development for the company which will result in business wide progression.
Your duties will include:
- The key aspect to the role is to combine new business development with account management.
- This involves the implementation of a robust retention & development plan for the current customer base, and a hands-on approach to winning & developing new customers for the long-term benefit of the business.
- Sales quotations with consultative advice, alongside upselling and cross selling of key accounts.
- Initiating and developing customer relationships.
- Meeting clients face-to-face in order to build relationships.
- Understand the needs of the customer and offer a technically minded solution based on unique requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a track record of new business wins.
- The candidate should be a confident, determined and energetic self-starter who possesses a high level of self-initiative combined with a strong motivation to succeed on a personal and company level.
- It is expected that the candidate would have had a good, general education, ideally to degree level.
- The candidate requires a good geographical knowledge of the North West, with the site's geographical reach being mainly across the Leeds, Manchester & Liverpool belt.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate how to identify the appropriate retention & development strategy for the key current customers and then be able to demonstrate how the plan would be best carried out.
- The candidate must be capable of identifying new sales opportunities of the appropriate type to fit the manufacturing strengths of the business, and have experience of closing deals F2F with clients.
- The candidate should have a solid grasp of commercial aspects of business.
- The candidate should be used to working to targets and be able to present a 'performance against target' report.
- The candidate is required to have an acceptable understanding of standard business software including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- The successful candidate will be already operating in, or have experience within, the B2B environment. It would be advantageous to have experience within the industrial packaging arena, particularly corrugated and timber packaging.
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £40,000 + bonus scheme + fully expensed company car, mobile, and laptop