Business Development Manager
Do you have a strong background selling Elecrical/LED products?
Want to work for business who are going from strength to strength?
About Our Client
The business has been trading for over 6 years and have generated a respectable turnover within the wholesale industry. They are now looking to drive growth across the South London region by adding to their team.
The Business Development Manager will primarily be responsibile for driving new business opportunities across their assigned regions.
Further responsibilities include:-
- Introduce, promote and sell a manufacturer's range of LED lighting products.
- Primary targets are electricians, electrical contractors, electrical wholesalers, builders, developers, local authorities, lighting designers, specifiers, architects, etc. by arranging appointments, visiting sites, making presentations and other relevant methods.
- Build and develop relationships with above mentioned target customers.
- Gather details and information on competitor products, pricing, offers, etc. and update the company CRM accordingly.
- Attend relevant trade fairs and shows in line with company policy
- As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for maximising the sales in your allocated territory through the closing of profitable sales, in line with company policy and business plans
- Developing strategies for increasing existing business, new business and lapsed accounts and achieving predetermined targets
- Dealing with customer queries and resolving any queries
- Leading by example
The Successful Applicant
- Be confident working with key performance indicators with an impressive track record in delivering on sales, profit and margin targets.
- Have the ability to work with a team and individually
- Be able to communicate at all levels, whether it be with your team or negotiating with your customer
- Have the business mind to make commercial decisions in-line with the Senior Management Team
- Must have a proven track record working successfully in lighting sales within the electrical wholesale market
- Must have an excellent telephone manner and be able to deal with all customer calls and enquiries in a professional and friendly manner.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Word and Excel and computer literate in general.
- Must be able to learn new software quickly.
- Must have a full, clean UK driving licence.
- Be self-motivated, competitive and have a passion for sales
- Be dynamic with a good sense of humour and a passion for the electrical wholesale industry
What's on Offer
A competitive base salary and bonus structure!
Please note that my client will still carry out the interview process via video format and will make an offer to a suitable candidate during this difficult period.