- Exciting opportunity to work for a innovative global business
- An integral role in the growth of the UK business
About Our Client
Our client has grown significantly over the past few years. Backed by a private equity company, the business have seen organic growth, driven business development and made exciting acquisitions. Their turnover has increased in excess of £200million with over 400 staff across several brands. As well as providing LV solutions they have also found a strong client base through their bespoke offering of MV solutions into oil and gas and mining. They are now looking to strengthen their business in the West of the country.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the main responsibilities of the Business Development Manager include:
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs and able to react effectively with a solution.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and status
- generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- Have a solid understanding of electrical Switchgear LV/MV systems.
- Develop a good understanding of the businesses products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Work closely with Bid team to produce technically and commercially compliant bids to a very high quality.
- Foster customer relationship from initial enquiry through to delivery to stimulate repeat business.
- Discuss and direct promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department.
- Maintain the Sales CRM to establish an accurate pipeline.
- Key Account Management.
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will currently be working in a similar role, sourcing new business and have a thorough understanding of electrical engineering. The ability to communicate with clients about switch gears in a practical way is key. Understanding of LV is essential and an understand of MV would be beneficial.
What's on Offer
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive package, opportunities for progression and a chance to build a region.