Business Financial Controller
A great company, offering a varied Business Financial Controller role.
Based North Dublin, for leading medical supplies business.
About Our Client
Fresenius Kabi is a global leading healthcare company, that specialises in life saving medicines and technology to infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition. The company's products and service help care for critical and chronically ill patients. The business is a leading multi £billion turnover organisation, and this role is the Finance Lead for the Irish Division (£20m turnover).
As Business Financial Controller, the individual is ultimately responsible for the financial management and business partnering for the Irish entity with sales circa £20m. This will be a varied role, offering much challenge and reward, and reports to the UK&I Finance Director, whilst supporting the Ireland management team.
To ensure the production and control of all financial and management information together with short and long term strategic planning of the above to meet internal and external business needs and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Ireland leadership team and Business Managers to ensure improved awareness of strategic planning, forecasts, KPIs and activities that will in turn allow recommendations on future business decision making and proactive planning.
- Preparation of the budget, quarterly forecasts and medium term strategy in compliance with internal guidelines and timescales.
- Ownership and deliver of robust forecasting reports to the UK&I Finance Director and senior management, with commentary/advise elements.
- Explain complex financial information clearly and accurately to non-finance managers in order to drive financial KPI's and compliance across the business.
- Support the Ireland management in controlling and managing the costs within budget thereby ensuring optimum financial performance.
- Support the maintenance of the UK Group's reporting systems on SAP, including cost centres, profit centres, hierarchies and material masters to maintain one system of truth for robust group reporting frameworks.
- Act as the finance lead, and add value to all business review meetings, making sure the financial performance is understood.
- Support the development of reporting & tools used to drive functional Key Performance Indicators, aimed at maximising company performance.
Support the continual improvement of reporting output from controlling team to increase efficiency whilst maintaining/increasing effectiveness.
The Successful Applicant
Experience and Qualifications
- Professionally qualified accountant, either CIMA, ACA or ACCA.
- Be able to demonstrate a management level of responsibility and achievement, ability to support and advise at divisional management level.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft office suite of software applications and ERP business IT systems, ideally SAP.
- Knowledge of IFRS reporting standards.
- Ability to work on own initiative and develop proactive solutions to business problems.
- People management and leadership skills.
- Project management skills.
- Good commercial skills and awareness.
- Strong Communication Skills
What's on Offer
Fresenius Kabi is a fantastic employer, operating in a sector that literally saves lives and enhances the lifestyle of its customers - the whole business therefore has the energy and dedication that matches the challenges that their customers face. The Business Financial Controller role will be varied, challenging and rewarding with a mix of technical finance management and commercial business partnering. Working for a small division (£20m turnover), give the opportunity to really make a difference. Fresenius Kabi's products, market position and growth in this sector offers good career prospects, job security and development.
Fresenius Kabi offers a very good salary package and benefits. This role in based North of Dublin City Centre, Ireland.