Business Insights Manager
Newly created Commercial Finance role with scope to drive business decisions
PE-backed business with ambitious growth plans and clear progression trajectory
About Our Client
My client are an private equity backed organisation, operating in a fast-growth environment delivering double digit revenue growth. Turnover is in excess of £100mil with further projected growth over the coming years.
Business partnering with the Sales, Operations and Supply chain teams to deliver results, this role will:
- Develop business intelligence tools to sharpen reporting and analysis and the pace at which it is delivered
- Identify opportunities to automate reporting and analysis to generate true insight
- Analyse financial trends, understanding revenue and margin performance (at a transaction level) to provide clear recommendations, propose actions and drive decision making
- Analyse customer and supplier rates and impact on profitability
- Highlight underperforming activities and risks to delivery of business plans and support the teams to put a performance plan in place driving actions to mitigate them
- Suggest different ways of planning and processes to create efficiency and free time for value-add
- Support revenue and gross profit target setting for the budget and three-year plan, to cascade to the sales team through the internal systems
- Line manage, coach and develop a Commercial Analyst
The Successful Applicant
This role requires an instinctively commercially minded and analytical individual who, in their pursuit of delivering outstanding results for the business and customers, is self-motivated, resilient, dedicated, a good communicator and practical and takes pride in delivering work to a very high standard, right first time. The role requires technical excellence combined with a pro-active approach and a willingness to forge new relationships, solve problems and participate in our future growth as part of the Senior management team.
This role requires a self-starter with the following experience and skills:
- Strong business awareness and commercial acumen
- Highly numerate and analytical and capable of working accurately at speed
- Excellent interpersonal skills - confident, energetic and driven to exceed expectations
- Tenacious with a drive to deliver results
- Good soft skills and the ability to provide rounded opinions and influence business stakeholders
- Able to communicate financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Can initiate improvement projects working across the business to deliver change
- Has outstanding organisational and time management skills work under pressure and manage priorities
- Analyse large volumes of data to reach solid key conclusions adding value through insightful detailed analysis and create actions that will deliver change
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Experience using BI tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau) and in financial forecasting / modelling
- Demonstrable track record of generating ideas and adding value in a commercial role
- Personable character with excellent communication skills and capable of building relationships and influencing people at all levels
- Exposure to Board/ Senior management teams
- Experience of fast-paced, high volume environment
- Dedication to 'getting the numbers right', with attention to detail and a thorough mindset
- Experience of building and influencing the commercial plan, merely reporting results won't be enough
- Excellent excel and financial modelling skills and experience of all Microsoft Office packages
What's on Offer
On offer to the successful candidate is the change to learn and progress under a fantastic leadership team, with the ability to add real value to a growing organisation with a great culture.
What's more, there is a clear progression trajectory for the successful individual.
You'll be remuneration with a competitive salary and benefits package.