Business Manager - Automated X-Ray Systems
An opportunity to have full ownership over the business unit Sales strategy
A truly commercial Sales role with a global remit
About Our Client
Dage was founded in 1961 and is a market leader in its chosen markets of Semiconductor and PCBA Manufacture. It has an award winning portfolio of Bondtester and X-ray Inspection Systems for destructive and non-destructive mechanical testing and inspection of electronic components.
Dage was acquired by the Nordson Corporation in 2006. The Group Headquarters are conveniently located in Aylesbury.
Nordson DAGE has a strong portfolio of award winning products for destructive and non-destructive mechanical testing and inspection of electronic components. It has an excellent, wholly owned distribution and support network of seven offices covering Europe, Japan, China, Singapore, and the USA, and maintains representative offices in other territories.
With its self-contained R&D facilities, Nordson DAGE has developed world-leading products for testing wire bonds on semiconductor packages such as BGA, Chip Scale Packages (CSP) and other electronic components. More recently Nordson DAGE has been heavily involved in the testing of the newest technology 300 mm wafer bump shear.
Nordson DAGE has developed an excellent suite of award-winning X-ray inspection equipment targeted at both the Semiconductor and PCBA markets.
Control of the patented core technology of X-ray tube manufacture ensures that the high-resolution X-ray will detect, identify and measure even the smallest of features. Nordson DAGE's high precision, state-of-the-art inspection equipment when joined with their sophisticated software offerings, ensure that the equipment is simple to use.
Their core strategy:
- To support customers wherever they do business
- To continually develop new products that provide its customers with enhanced competitive advantages
- To develop products which bring new advantages to its customer base
- To control the core technologies that underpin its products
- Develop and maintain the commercial strategy for the continued development of the Automatic Semiconductor Inspection Tools.
- Ownership of the global sales funnel for XM including monthly forecasting accuracy.
- Identification of all potential customers in conjunction with regional sales and distribution.
- Identification, support and management of sales channels.
- Take ownership of pricing and quotations to optimise revenue.
- Ensuring appropriate agreements are in place with the sales channels.
- Support Regional Managers on sales and marketing activities.
- Provide Sales Training to ensure responsibilities are clearly understood.
- Bridge gaps between customers, sales teams, application teams and R&D.
- Work with customers and sales teams to set expectations and realistic product acceptance criteria.
- Organise seminars as required to educate customers and/or regional staff.
- Develop Sales and Marketing collateral for XM product including Sales presentations, Brochures, data sheets etc.
- Creation of web presence, advertisements, photos, videos.
- Determine which exhibitions, conferences and seminars to attend and strategy for each.
- Travel to regions to support sales, distributors as well as canvassing 'voice of customer'.
- Support any appropriate trade shows.
- Present papers or studies at industry.
- Operation of the system to be able to run customer demonstrations.
- A chance to demonstrate management experience within a matrix organisation.
- Required to positively drive and assist across all disciplines of the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Experienced in a product management role of capital equipment.
- Experience in the semiconductor and/or the PCB manufacturing industries.
- Experience in X-Ray inspection or related inspection or capital equipment.
- It would be desirable for the candidate to be degree qualified in a scientific, engineering or business discipline. MBA is preferred, as well as being experienced in Asia/Japan regions.
- Experience in working in a matrix structure.
- Technically savvy; microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of and experience with CRM systems, specifically Salesforce.com.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
- Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with unexpected problems that arise.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, with the ability to make decisions.
What's on Offer
Michael Page are partnering Dage Precision Ltd/Nordson Dage on an exclusive basis for this role, therefore all third party applications will not be considered.