Business Manager- Fixed Income
An opportunity to join shape and delivering strategy as a Business Manager
Experience in a Business Manager role within Fixed income
About Our Client
A major Japanese bank based in London
Business Manager- Fixed Income duties:
- Systems & Controls: Streamline the department's policy and procedure (P&P) documents and ensure that these are consistently updated to reflect on-going changes in the regulatory environment. As part of this effort, the BM will need to liaise extensively with internal departments like Compliance to ensure that the desk's regulatory obligations in relation to MifiD II, EMIR etc. are accurately captured in the team's P&Ps.
- Desk Infrastructure: Liaise with internal technology teams to help support the desk's requirements in relation to on-boarding new instruments and products for trading.
- Performance measurement & reporting: Help refine internal management information packs to improve transparency and visibility of desk performance (against mandate/budget). As part of the effort required to implement improvements in this area, the BM will need to liaise with external Trading system vendors (such as Bloomberg) and internal departments such as Product Control and Management Reporting.
- Counterparty on-boarding: Work with Head of Treasury and internal departments such as Legal, Credit Risk and Compliance to ensure that all relevant documentation (ISDA, CSA, CDEA, GMRA etc.), KYC/AML obligations and applications for credit lines have been fulfilled ahead of the desk commencing a new trading relationship.
- Reference data & account set-up: Work with Financial Services colleagues in Derivatives Middle Office & reference data to set up new accounts in Murex, Marketwire etc.
The Successful Applicant
Business Manager- Fixed Income skills and experience:
- Prior experience in a Business Manager role within Treasury or a Global Markets Team (Fixed Income) is desirable. Prior experience in a rates Middle Office role would also be considered.
- Admin experience in supporting trading teams with Bloomberg's Trade Order Management Solutions (TOMS) is desirable. Alternatively, general familiarity with Bloomberg in an admin capacity would be desirable.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Word and Excel.
What's on Offer
£450 - 600 per day