Be influencial in supporting a key player in Edinburgh's homeless strategy
Working as the 'right hand person' to the CEO
About Our Client
In helping thousands of homeless and other vulnerable people over more than 35 years, Four Square's work is based on a commitment to the aims and principles they see as fundamental to their purpose of... Preventing Homelessness and promoting inclusion.
Four Square providing the following services:-
1. Accommodation and Support:-
2 hostels along with 18 training flats providing a safe and secure place for young for young people (16-25) total of 40 bed spaces plus a 20 bedded Domestic Abuse Refuge
- 2. Advice and Advocacy, offering Visiting support to tenants in their own homes (WISH) along with advice and advocacy service EHAP (Edinburgh Housing Advice Partnership) to residents and tenants , with the aim of helping people avoid homelessness
- 3. Learning and Employability, Four Square's Springboard and Connected learning and employability services provide a broad range of skills development opportunities, work focused accredited and non-accredited training and employability support across the age ranges
- 4. Enterprise and Sustainability, since 1993 Edinburgh Furniture initiative has been helping homeless people turn a house into a place they can call home. 2 EFI superstores selling quality second hand furniture. Prison canteen in HMP Edinburgh
Run by Heather Arni CEO previously shortlisted for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2016.
- Business Manager, support the CEO in her role to modernise and grow Four Square during and exciting period for the charity and its staff.
- Working with each of the four teams to develop workable plans and initiatives to achieve their strategic aims.
- Each of the four services offered make a unique contribution to the wider organisation and it is important that they expand their social care activities as well as maximising their income generating potential.
- You will generate opportunities both internally and externally, that expand the activities of the charity either through supporting team members or leading bids yourself.
Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure robust management of the financial operation of the organisation
- Lead the development of the organisation's business development strategy and be accountable to the CEO and Board for its delivery and for achievement of the organisations objectives
- Manage the maximisation of opportunities for raising funds from corporate supporters
- Take lead responsibility for their online store ensuring the venture is developed
- Lead, develop and implement an effective marketing and communications strategy
- Working with the CEO to develop fundraising strategies and initiatives to support specific programmes of work
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of reports and updates for funded projects
- Ensure HMO licenses are submitted on an annual basis
- Take lead responsibility for day to day HR issues (inc recruitment, PVG checks etc) alongside managers
- Update website on a regular basis
- Oversee all contracts and leases (inc. phones, IT, photocopiers)
- Working with the CEO cultivate and maintain professional relationships with relevant political bodies and external funding providers
The Successful Applicant
- Successful senior commercial management and business development experience in the private, voluntary or public sector or in a social enterprise
- Managing and developing business operations, processes and systems to support effective business performance
- Experience of publishing and or online content development
- Experience of business development with a focus on fundraising and marketing
- Experience of managing a P & L
- People management
- Ability to manage change in a challenging environment
- The ability to interpret financial information to support business performance
- Success in developing fundraising strategies, including fundraising from Trusts and Foundations
- Demonstrable experience of writing successful funding proposals
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Project management skills
- Degree level, professional qualification or equivalent business track record
What's on Offer
Salary commensurate with the seniority of the role