Managing the number 1 account - Boots
Leading a sales team of 4
About Our Client
Michael Page are delighted to be partnering with FGX International to offer an exciting opportunity for a Business Manager to join this fast paced, global eyewear business.
FGX International is a leading eyewear designer and marketer with global brands like Foster Grant®, Magnivision® and Monkey Monkey®. FGX also develop Own-label and Licence-branded eyewear that sells across more retailers in the UK than you might realise.
Part of the EssilorLuxottica Group, FGX's mission is to help people see more, be more and live life to its fullest. Their ground-breaking products correct, protect and frame the beauty of our most precious sensory organ - our eyes. By combining expertise in lens technology and eyewear manufacturing, a portfolio of brands that consumers love and global distribution capabilities, they enable people everywhere to learn, to work, to express themselves and to fulfil their potential.
FGX maintains an entrepreneurial culture within the group with high levels of accountability where you have the opportunity to see the results from the work you do.
The role of Business Manager exists to manage sales growth in the company's number one account as well as managing a team of four in the Health & Beauty channel.
The Business Manager duties include:
- Negotiation of multi-year customer contracts, ensuring profitable business forecasting by following the company financial planning process.
- Management of the team, setting goals & motivating them to achieve budgeted growth.
- Development and selling of the new ranges across Sunglasses and Reading Glasses on a seasonal basis.
- Development and implementation / management of customer account / business plans to deliver budgeted growth objectives.
- Focus on customer Sales-Out to develop plans to optimise sales and efficiencies and take corrective action where necessary.
- Management of customer inventories and working with the Customer Service team to ensure adequate replenishment and/or merchandising calls are made.
- Weekly sales reporting and update of quarterly Sales Forecast.
- Prospecting for new accounts to develop sales in 'white space'.
- Involvement in annual / quarterly reporting and budgeting processes.
- Working with internal teams to identify and develop new licences & ranges.
- Involvement in adhoc projects and requests.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Business Manager:
- At least 6 years sales experience with management of key accounts at head office level.
- Experience selling eyewear / beauty / accessories / consumer products is essential.
- Experience of managing a major high st Health & Beauty retailer is preferable but not essential.
- Ability to demonstrate people-management experience of a sales team (direct or indirect).
- Negotiation of annual trading terms contracts.
- Experience in a fast-moving category, with evidence of working with EPOS/Sales-out data.
- Ability to demonstrate personal motivation and drive to deliver results.
- Ability to demonstrate a consultative and numbers-based selling approach.
- Evidence of career progression through promotion.
- Analytical approach.
- Ability to prioritise effectively with flexibility to react to short-term requests.
- Excellent presentation, communication and customer relationship skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to listen, adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing environment.
- You are well-organised and have a strong commercial acumen.
- You are happy to travel across the UK when required.
- You will be based in Chessington 3 days a week with some flexibility to work from home.
What's on Offer
An excellent basic salary and package is on offer for this role plus company benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply or contact Jon Dolbear at Michael Page on 0118 955 9052 or 07780 005638 to discuss further.