Buyer (10 month FTC)
A great opportunity to join a multi-national organisation on a 10 month basis
Experience managing suppliers and strong negotiation skills is essential
About Our Client
The client I'm representing are a fast-paced distribution business which provide an exceptional service to retailers across the UK.
As the Buyer you'll be joining their well-established and highly experienced purchasing team in Manchester.
As the Buyer you'll have the following responsibilities:
- Provide business leadership and technical competency to help the transformation of current Purchasing practices within areas of scope.
- Work with the Supply Chain function to reinforce sales channels propositions that are designed to leverage sales via improvements in fulfilment.
- Manage relationships critical to the success of the overall Purchasing strategy.
- Represent the category channels operational needs to Senior Management in capability planning sessions to ensure that they receive flawless products and service.
- Develop best-in-class Purchasing models.
- Meet category margin targets. This includes strategy and tactics for new product range launches, innovation and new product development.
- Increase monetary contribution and overall percentage contribution of rebates and reval.
- Drive sales and profit growth through collaboration with sales function and customers.
- Complete all enquiries and tenders within the required time-frame.
- Actively establish and drive metrics and measures that lead to cost improvements and clear goals.
- Respond to all queries within the required time-frame.
- Achieve operational quality, customer service and operating expense targets and business development objectives.
- Meet and visit suppliers regularly.
- Attend exhibitions where appropriate.
- Operate as an acknowledged functional expert for identified individuals to build a strong team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Buyer position will ideally have the following key skills and qualities:
- Previous experience in a similar purchasing role, ideally within a fast-paced environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Purchasing principles and disciplines.
- Financially and numerically astute and aware.
- Evidence of working closely and effectively with other functions especially Supply Chain, Quality, Sales and Customers.
- Customer focused, experienced at presenting to influence
- Good relationship builder - respected by suppliers, peers and senior managers alike, able to balance the requirements of different stakeholders.
- Highly organised and results driven, able to work at pace.
- Assertive style, enthusiasm and passion for the job.
- Team player.
- Good planning skills, market awareness and the ability to spot and take advantage of cultural and seasonal trends.
- Open to new ideas and able to bring new ideas to the business
What's on Offer
£28,000 - £30,000
10 month fixed-term-contract