Previous purchasing experience within the construction industry is essential
A brand new opportunity within a growing business based in Rotherham
About Our Client
The business which I've partnered up with specialise in providing construction solutions to developers & contractors across the UK. They're looking to recruit an experienced Buyer to join their team based in Rotherham as they look to expand their purchasing function.
As the Buyer you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for ordering Building materials and hiring plant for several projects across the UK.
Read, understand & abstract technical information from drawings and specifications
Schedule materials from drawings and specifications
Raising thorough material order enquires for tender of material packages.
Collate quotes, analyse & negotiate with suppliers
Inputting orders and schedules onto purchase order software system
Raising & issuing low level repeat orders
Provide purchasing support to other functions within the business
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Buyer role will ideally have the following key skills and qualities:
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Previous experience within the construction industry
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum guidance, confidence in taking the initiative, making decisions and consult as appropriate
- CIPS (Not essentials
- Able to build strong relationships with suppliers
- The ability to source new suppliers
What's on Offer
Salary £30,000 - £35,000