- Buyer looking after marketing spend up to £150m.
- Leeds based 2 days per week - hybrid working. MCIPS -Required.
About Our Client
Michael Page are working with a large FTSE 100 client who is a household name as they are looking for a buyer.
We are currently working in partnership with one of our large clients for a Buyer to join a Marketing Procurement team. This is a fantastic opportunity for motivated individuals to progress their career.
As a Buying Manager you will be leading on and supporting a range of commercial activities with an initial focus on Marketing Technology and the opportunity to support on other marketing categories. This will involve:
- Being responsible for the end-to-end delivery of complex and agile strategic sourcing processes
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the Marketing functions, with an in-depth industry understanding and experience of delivering transformation capabilities.
- Being accountable for creating and implementing Category Strategies to support to business objectives.
- Supporting with the Supplier Management Programme and helping to identify and mitigate risk in our supply chains.
- Partnering with senior stakeholders (Senior Directors, VPs) to advise on direction and commercial approach
- Responsible for managing procurement systems including savings reports, contract management and sourcing solutions (Ariba).
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience of Marketing and/or Technology procurement, including marketing technology is desirable.
- Experience from other Marketing categories would be beneficial.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial sourcing processes necessary to identify and onboard best in class capabilities and deals through excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in an agile manner to flex and support the business needs in a fast-paced transformation environment
- Knowledge of the changing future of technologies and innovation within Marketing would be a key advantage in this role.
- Happy to consider young up and comers who are keen to progress their career within procurement.
What's on Offer
£48 - £55k + car + package.