Buyer - Projects
Buyer - Projects
About Our Client
My client is a renowned manufacturing organisation that are based in the North West and have invested heavily into the procurement function over the last 9 months and are looking to grow the function further and are looking for a talented Buyer to join the team on a permanent basis.
- Experience in Project Procurement in safety critical, heavy engineering/regulated industries such as petrochemical, construction, marine is essential.
- Familiarity with Technical Specifications, Engineering Drawings and Scopes of Work is essential
- Commercially aware with the ability to identify and mitigate key supply chain risks prior to Purchase Order/Subcontract Placement
- An understanding of terms and conditions
- Accustomed to following all necessary governance /approvals related to Procurement
- Have good numerical skills and IT skills and be fully familiar with normalising tenders, reviewing basis of offer's and producing recommendations of award
- Knows when to seek support internally/engage team members/peers
- Good with figures in terms of reporting against budgets
- Ability to produce and present reports/information sets for both internal and external consumption
The Successful Applicant
- You will have a minimum of 10 years' experience in a similar role and be looking for a next step
- A self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision
- An ability to manage workload / multi-task to support project priorities
- A good communicator and team player
- A fair and reasonable individual when dealing with Suppliers
- Disciplined in record keeping
- Essential - A Technical/Engineering Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- CIPS/MCIPS or studying towards
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £45k plus a competitive package for the ideal candidate.