- Newly created greenfield role
- Core part of the businesses future
About Our Client
A Key Utilities business in South Wales they maintain and manage an extensive infrastructure. A business that prides itself on its culture they have great staff retention and view people as their greatest asset. With first class leadership and a great hands on work ethic, they provide you the tools to excel in your career.
The role will be responsible for continual Supply Chain improvement to meet social and environmental targets for the business. Reporting to the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for:
- Improving supplier and business performance across a wide variety of environmental, social and corporate social responsibility (CSR) areas.
- Working directly with suppliers to communicate and monitor performance against business objectives
- Working with internal teams to develop supplier scorecards through compilation of data and reporting tools
- Recommend and advise areas for improvement directly with suppliers and the wider business and team
- Assess tenders in light of sustainability targets and measures
- Deliver and continually improving environmental performance and setting KPIs and targets across key sustainability themes.
- Implement best practice throughout the supply chain from contractors and suppliers, Sustainable Procurement working groups,energy networks and external customers.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must be passionate around sustainability and have:
- Procurement or commercial experience in a regulated environment
- Previous experience within supply chain, with a knowledge and understanding of tenders and suppliers
- First class communication skills, with the ability to influence and communicate to an array of stakeholder
- An analytical approach to work
- Proven report writing skills.
- The ability to deliver deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ideally MCIPS
What's on Offer
The role offers an attractive salary and benefits