- 3-6 month temporary contract
- I am looking for an experienced Buyer with a background in Manufacturing
About Our Client
My Client provides innovative ground-breaking products, combined with excellent customer service and technical support. Their global scale and local capabilities enable them to remain flexible and dynamic to customers' changing needs, with a continued focus on quality-driven and responsive service.
- Work with Product Management and Demand Manager to monitor forecasts of raw materials on a quarterly basis and adjust to new information in a timely manner
- Fully manage a portfolio of Raw Materials and products for resale (PFR), developing an excellent understanding of the markets.
- Manage tenders. and support Purchasing Manager in the tendering process
- Sourcing and approval of alternative raw materials and/or suppliers
- Work with Sales Team to provide support for new tenders and current business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other key stakeholders (Planning, manufacturing, R&D, QC, A/P).
- Participate and contribute to New Product Development (NPD) projects.
- Supplier evaluation
- Resolution of any supplier issues and investigation of supplier complaints.
- Risk management and reduction.
- AX updates, including supplier set up, and price updates.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree level education preferred, preferably Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Significant purchasing experience
- Proven track record for delivering results.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and multi-task.
- Good analytical and reporting skills.
- Flexible, pragmatic, independent and deadline focused.
- An experienced and effective negotiator.
- High level IT skills. (Microsoft Dynamics AX/SAP desirable)
- CIPS qualified / willingness to follow CIPS qualifications
What's on Offer