A business striving for further investment and improvement
A World leader in thier field within the Automotive Industry
About Our Client
A World leader in automotive refinishing products, with an enviable customer list and a highly regarded reputation amongst their peers.
- Managing key categories
- Handling key suppliers and identifying potential alternatives.
- Developing supplier agreements and ensuring agreed specifications in place.
- Identifying and managing cost reduction initiatives.
- Developing supply strategies and working with tactical procurement to ensure smooth flow of materials in to the business.
- Managing Non-Conformity Report's and working with suppliers & other departments within the business to implement robust corrective actions.
- Working within the New Product Development team to bring new projects from concept to completion.
- Keeping I.T system accurate and up to date with current purchasing parameters.
- Generating reports and analysing purchasing data.
- Making regular visits to suppliers both within UK and Europe
- Looking after various data chasing projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Desirable experience in a similar purchasing role.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength of character to implement and drive through change.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Detailed and thorough approach to all aspects of work.
- Experience of the printing industry a bonus but not essential.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation.
- IT literate, in particular a good grasp of Microsoft Office Package.
- Full clean driving license essential.
What's on Offer
£25,000 - £30,000 Base + Package