Become part of a business with impressive growth and a great culture
Opportunity to grow a long side the company in a rewarding role
About Our Client
My client is a manufacturing and production business based in Stockport who have shown impressive growth over a number of years and have fantastic growth plans in place for the future. They are wanting to bring a buyer into there existing team to help drive company objectives forward and have a positive impact in improving their procurement processes and maximise opportunities and improvements where possible.
The key responsibilities of this Stockport based Buyer will be;
- Maintain and grow supplier relationships with both new and existing suppliers.
- Purchase all materials and components needed to manufacture a range of products.
- Liaise with key stake holders to ensure that the business is taken forward/ strategies are aligned and that efficiency is optimised in line with the objectives of the wider business.
- Manage all processes of the purchasing cycle being proactive in developing better practice.
- Negotiate with suppliers to maximise savings as well as finding new suppliers to cope with demand and maximise potential.
- Cover both transactional and strategic purchasing activities.
- Develop and implement category strategies.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Manufacturing and Production Buyer role will be the following;
- Have a knowledge of purchasing machined and electrical components, and fabrication going into a product.
- Come from a similar purchasing role in a manufacturing environment.
- Comfortable working within an MRP system based organisation and have experience using an MRP system.
- Have a minimum experience of 3 years plus within a purchasing role in manufacturing.
- Motivated, confident and competent in a purchasing role managing a broad material spend and have the ability to be a self-starter.
- CIPS is desirable if not the want to work towards this.
- Operated in both transactional and strategic processes.
- Great interpersonal and negotiation skills to maximise performance and to fit in with the friendly culture of the business.
What's on Offer
£26,000 - £35,000 + Package