A genuinley exciting opportunity to join a highly reputable manufacturer
I'm looking to speak with experienced Buyers within the Doncaster area
About Our Client
Michael Page have teamed up with a major designer and manufacturer of highly engineered products into demanding customer basses. Retaining control of their supply chain this company can ensure the highest standards of production and quality of their products. Working as a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for a specific sector of the group company's portfolio, the Doncaster site is looking to expand and improve its purchasing function by bringing in a Buyer.
As the Buyer you will be responsible for:
- Build and maintain relationships with internal departments and external suppliers
- Establish, maintain and implement purchasing records for new / existing products.
- New and existing supplier selection and development - including supplier assessment, audit reviews, benchmark, negotiation
- Evaluate, benchmark and make sourcing and commercial recommendations, advising decisions involving e.g. supply chain risks, prices change, supply shortages.
- Initiate and recommend improvements in the procurement systems
- Procure all products as required by the business, supporting all other areas where required
- Develop product and supplier strategy - including contingency plans for product/supplier sourcing and strategic weaknesses
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of this position
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Buyer role will ideally have the following key skills and qualities:
- Higher education/university degree (Not essential)
- Manufacturing / Technical background
- Commercially aware
- Understanding of global supply chains.
- Background and experience within materials, component manufacturing
- Driven and creative
- Team player, proactive, energetic, able to deliver 'continuous improvement'.
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Able to travel
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Expectations
- Adapting and responding to change
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £35,000