Join a rapidly growing business and develop and grow along side them
Friendly and great culture in a role that has a good breadth of responsibilities
About Our Client
My client is a rapidly growing manufacturer based in Macclesfield and have a great culture. They looking for a buyer to join their purchasing team and develop with the role and the business.
As a Buyer within this manufacturing and production business your responsibilities will be;
- Forecast and Purchase materials and finished products inclusive of stock and non-stock items from UK and overseas suppliers ensuring that lead times up to 10 weeks are taken into consideration.
- Liaising with other disciplines and freight to ensure that containers are accurately booked and any potential issues taken into consideration.
- Manage the overall purchasing process from start to finish, ensuring that all disciplines are in line with targets.
- Maintain and analyse reports keeping an accurate record of all items and trends to optimise saving and sales potentials.
- Source, negotiate and build relationships with new and existing suppliers, including developing KPI's and rebates as applicable.
- Take a proactive approach in bettering processes and techniques within the department by using initiative and communicating with multiple departments.
- Review and authorise purchase orders and ensure accurately booked into Sage.
- Monitor performance of both suppliers and internal to ensure demands are met as quality/ timescales are delivered.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this buyer role based in Macclesfield would be;
- Have a minimum of 2 years plus experience in a purchasing role within Manufacturing and Production.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills and be proactive in their approach.
- Experience in an SME environment with the ability to assist in other areas when needed.
- Analytically minded and competent within EXCEL inclusive of generating reports.
- Custom freight and dealing with Asian suppliers would be advantageous
What's on Offer
£20,000 - £30,000 + Package