Great opportunity for purchasing professionals in Sheffield
Looking for a Buyer to strengthen their Purchasing department
About Our Client
Located in Sheffield my client are a leading pumps engineering business that supply products into a range of markets in the UK and worldwide. This position is brand new to market and would fit somebody who is looking for a quick progression route and personal development.
As the Buyer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Utilising the MRP system to identify & order appropriate direct materials allowing for lead time, and safety.
- Develop & maintain supplier relationships to ensure optimum communication of delays & expediting of materials.
- Identify potential new suppliers & cost saving opportunities.
- Meet & maintain inventory turns targets to flex inventory to volume processed.
- Maintain stock accuracy through routine scheduled cycle count activity & updates MRP accordingly.
- Maintain departmental KPIs related to availability, cost & accuracy of stock.
- Support & meet site schedule attainment through close communication with the planning department.
- Working closely with value streams to develop & maintain material replenishment systems, flow improvements and visual ordering triggers.
- Attend regular meetings in relation to new product introduction and material specification changes to follow up with suppliers and ensure changes are applied in line with company procedures.
- Actively update and maintain master data
- Generate & update daily/weekly reporting & identify trends requiring action.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Buyer role will ideally have the following key skills and qualities:
- Background within medium/high volume manufacturing/engineering environment
- Previous experience within a similar level purchasing role
- Background in manufacturing / engineering
- Highly experienced in working under own initiative, demonstrating an ability to set & meet personal targets, combined with the flexibility to adjust to workload priorities to take account of new deadlines.
- Interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to customer service.
- IT knowledge, particularly Excel, and MRP systems.
- A language would be advantageous but is not essential.
What's on Offer
£25,000 - £30,00