About Our Client
My client is a true market leader in the manufacturing world, a true market leader within their field and are currently looking for a talented Buyer to join the team on a permanent basis.
- Introducing new suppliers into the business, when appropriate.
- Independently undertake contract and tendering activities
- Working closely with internal budget holders to deliver best value
- Supplier management and procuring of a selection of goods and services
- Supporting the business through identification of cost reductions
- Liaising with suppliers to solve issues and build business relationship
- Following group/local purchasing procedures
- Analysing data, enabling service and cost opportunities to be identified
- Reacting to requests for information in a timely manner
The Successful Applicant
- CIPS Qualified or educated to a degree level
- Excellent level of communication, able to influence and persuade others, whilst building strong working relationships
- Flexible approach to work with an ability to adapt to change
- Able to demonstrate analytical skills (understanding and interpreting information)
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload, working comfortably to ensure tight deadlines are achieved
- Ability to work alone unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Strong IT knowledge and skills, must include Excel. SAP experience advantageous
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £32k plus a competitive package for the ideal candidate