Join an forward thinking innovation lead business
Be part of an experienced, autonomous and competent purchasing function
About Our Client
My client is a manufacturing and production business based in Greater Manchester that are innovation lead and always looking at how they can add value to products and the business. They are looking for a Buyer to join their Procurement team, which will be an autonomous and strategic role with involvement in NPD along with key stakeholders and regular interaction with engineers and NPD.
The key responsibilities within this Buyer role based in Greater Manchester will be;
- Manage a global supply base, with the ability to mitigate risk throughout all suppliers.
- Ensure quality and other aspects are met including costs in line with the business requirements.
- Create and implement strategic processes with a clear understanding of the market and achievement in mind.
- Liaise with Key stakeholders and be heavily involved with NPD adding value through the likes of VAVE.
- Maintain market knowledge and be commercially astute.
- Build on new and existing relationships with suppliers.
- Liaise with Manufacturing on a regular basis and identify areas of improvements and a clear understanding of the manufacturing process.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Buyer role within Manufacturing and Production will be the following:
- Operating at a similar level currently and has to be within manufacturing.
- Able to demonstrate key deliverables through strategic sourcing and show this on their CV.
- Experience of managing a large supply base both in number and variance.
- Able to communicate well with internal stakeholders and add value throughout the process of NPD.
- Experienced in VAVE projects and be able to communicate this through their CV and verbally.
- Have a strategic and innovative mind set with the overall needs of the business and improvement in mind.
What's on Offer
£25,000 - £30,000 Plus package