Join a progressive business that continue to grow
Be part of a well structured and experienced purchasing function
About Our Client
My client is a growing and proven business based in Lancashire with a diverse client base and product portfolio, they are looking to expand their team within Purchasing. This role will provide progression and further opportunities for candidates that are able to demonstrate the behaviours and skills desired. They are looking for a Buyer on a permanent basis in what is a fast paced and challenging role.
The key responsibilities for this Buyer based in Lancashire will be;
- Maintain and create relationships with Suppliers and liaise with key stakeholders within the business.
- Negotiate and source a wide portfolio of products.
- Navigate the MRP system to ensure that the purchasing function is managed efficiently.
- Communicate internally and externally between different departments, suppliers and customers to ensure that expectations and targets are met.
- Observe, analyse and react to market trends and changes to ensure that savings are optimised and provisions are put in place linking to your categories.
Manage a specific group of suppliers & commodities consistent with the expectations and objectives (Quality, Service, Cost) to deliver cost downs and support KPI's.
- Working efficiently to tight timescales to ensure tender deadlines are met, the role requires a dynamic and quick thinking approach to ensure optimised value for the company and the client.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful candidate for this Buyer role will be;
- Degree qualified.
- CIPS qualified or the desire to work towards this qualification.
- Come from a fast paced environment, category management experience would be desirable.
- Already within a similar level purchasing role for a minimum of 2 year plus.
- Driven and want to succeed and develop within purchasing.
- Analytically strong and able to use data to make sound purchasing decisions.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + Package