Highly respected manufacturing bussiness
Globally recognised training program
About Our Client
My client is one of the UK's most respected Manufacturing organisations offering UK and global customers a diverse range of products and services. Due to a continued expansion of the organision they are now looking for experienced Buyers to join their busy Procurement team.
The Buyer will be responsible for:
- supporting and developing the relevant category management strategy by working to build strong relationships with suppliers/partners to maximise benefits to organisation.
Responsible for monitoring and progressing the MRP requirement within the relevant categories, ensuring all purchasing needs are completed on time in full.
Support and deploy a complete category strategy in line with the key procurement objectives.
Reporting into the Category Manager, you will review needs with our internal customers and lead the procurement and sourcing process through marketplace competitions where appropriate.
Responsible for the management of a portfolio of spend categories, driving the full cradle to grave procurement process from identifying and negotiating with key suppliers, through to forecasting and inventory management.
- Initiate procurement tenders and projects delivering values defined in the category strategy.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Buyer will:
- Have CIPS qualification (or studying towards) and/or relevant experience is essential.
- Demonstrable, competent and experienced Procurement, with a proven track record in delivering cost savings and service enhancements through established procurement best practice and implementation of the tender process.
- Experience of working across the full, end to end procurement process from RFQ through to contract and post contract supplier management.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- experienced in managing suppliers.
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Experience of managing and/or active participation in cross-functional projects.
What's on Offer
- 25 days Holiday
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Reimbursement of professional membership fees
- Give a day volunteering for a chosen charity