Join a Leading Electronics Distributor on a 12m FTC
Buyer role based in Reading
About Our Client
My client is a Leading Electronics Distribution company based in Reading looking for a Buyer to join one of their Procurement teams.
The key responsibilities for the Buyer role based in Reading are as follows:
- Be responsible for all stock replenishment on run rate product.
- Forecasting stock as required
- Support and interrogate all customer forecasts
- Negotiate, maintain and improve all terms and pricing with supplier
- Take ownership of vendor issues and look for process and efficiency improvements
- Raise, get approved and send purchase orders to suppliers, whilst adhering to all relevant procedures
- Resolve queries or discrepancies on supplier invoices
- Ensure all price protections and claims are communicated to the vendor bid team.
- Plan and report end of month forecast stock holding on a weekly basis
- Complete aged stock reporting and attend weekly meetings
- Maintain supplier relationships, organise and attend regular meetings and QBR's
- Delegation of tasks to the Assistant Buyers
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Buyer role based in Reading will have the following skill set and experience:
- Excellent Communication skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Product Knowledge
- Planning & Organisation
- Flexibility, adaptability & Initiative
- Confidence & Determination
- Performance maximisation
- Good administrative skills.
- Supply chain experience within FMCG
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the Buyer role based in Reading will have the opportunity to achieve a £9600 bonus on top of the £25k salary offered as well as other benefits with tonnes of progression offered and training to develop your career from a Buyer to Management level.