About Our Client
My client is a leading chemicals manufacturing organisation that are focused on innovative new technologies and who are looking for a talented Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis.
- With the support of the Logistics HUB Manager develop a strategy for freight procurement covering the responsible region, including EMEA & ASPAC.
- Procure freight rates from database of approved freight providers through a combination of methods, including but not limited to, an annual freight auction, freight tenders & spot rate requests.
- Identify, approve and introduce new freight providers, as required, to ensure the business continues to deliver excellent customer service while driving down freight costs in all areas.
- Maintain an up to date contact directory for all transport providers with a brief summary on the areas they cover, this needs to be made available to all sites.
- Responsibility for freight procurement will include the EMEA & ASPAC regions but support for the rest of the World be will be provided as required.
- Investigate and resolve carrier non-conformance's, implementing robust corrective actions to reduce repeat issues.
- Develop the reporting process and ongoing management of freight spend, including additional charges, to ensure continual improvement and cost reduction.
- Conduct regular meetings with freight providers to review performance and identify opportunities that may exist.
- With the support of the sales management & planning teams coordinate the documentation and ongoing maintenance of loading and delivery requirement for all sites.
- Support the sales team and Logistics Hub Manager with any projects or rate requests in the pursuit of new business or to improve current operations.
- Develop & maintain ongoing relationships with preferred transport providers and manage and evaluate their performance.
- An ongoing focus on continuous improvement, identifying opportunities and delivering them through to implementation.
- Occasional travel to other business sites will be required
The Successful Applicant
- 5 years plus experience working in a logistics, freight procurement or a related role.
- Good analytical and reporting skills, someone with the ability to handle a high volume of data.
- High proficiency in the Microsoft packages, particular focus on EXCEL.
- Self-starting and deadline focused.
- Work quickly and calmly under pressure whilst remaining organised,
- Someone who is reliable and committed to the cause is essential.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience conducting freight auctions or a similar freight tender process.
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals
- Experience investigating Logistics service failings/non-conformance's
- Degree level education or MCIPS/CIPS qualified
- SAP knowledge
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £45k plus competitive benefits package for the ideal candidate.