Join a Global manufacturing business in a strategic buying role
Genuine scope for progression and development in a fast-paced environment
About Our Client
My client is a fast paced global manufacturing business based in Liverpool. They are looking for a Strategic Buyer to join their experienced purchasing function in what will be a fantastic opportunity both from a progression and development perspective but also joining a forward thinking and successful and reputable business.
- The key responsibilities for this Strategic Buyer based in Liverpool will be;
- Manage a £10- 15 million commodity portfolio.
- Implement processes and strategies, working closely with suppliers negotiating best terms, costs and mitigating risk etc.
- Work to short timescales in a fast environment.
- Working with and liaising with key stakeholders on the overall delivery and objective but also from an NPD perspective.
- Closely Manage the supplier through building solid relationships and communication throughout the purchasing process to ensure expectations are met.
- Work on cost down initiatives, source and on board new suppliers and proactively benchmark against alternative suppliers.
- Drive best practice and be proactive in, seeking alternative/ improvements that can be made within purchasing.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Strategic Buyer role in manufacturing and production would be;
- Degree qualified and working towards CIPS or at least the desire to pursue.
- Bright forward thinking individual wanting to progress and develop.
- Come from a purchasing role within manufacturing and production and preferably a fast paced business.
- At least 2 years experience in a procurement role which involves Strategic purchasing.
- Can demonstrate on their CV and verbally key deliverables and achievements as a result of working with suppliers and implementing strategies.
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £40,000 + Package