Pureplay retailer with exciting growth plans for forseeable future
Managing the general merchandise and accessories category
About Our Client
The client are a well known Pureplay retailer based in Central London. They have recently secured significant investment to ensure they are able to grow rapidly, yet sustainably over the next 5 years. The business provides a fantastic customer proposition, and continually looking to innovate to enhance their competitive advantage across the UK and Europe!
The Senior Management team here is extremely high calibre and a great team to partner with and ultimately learn from!
The Successful Buyer will be responsible for
- The P&L of their category - General Merchandise and Accessories - this will be a mix of both branded buying and product development
- Sourcing branded suppliers, negotiating best possible terms, ensuring they are building an incredibly commercial range to add significant value and profit to the business.
- Working with private label suppliers to ensure own brand proposition is high quality and consistently growing in line with targets
- Working cross functionally with other business units, taking responsibility for their category budget, including stock budget.
- Delivering a trade plan, including promotional activity to ensure optimal results.
- Partnering with merchandising counterpart to ensure optimal stock availability, ultimately maximising sales
- Managing Stake Holders at all levels to ensure business is abreast of all developments and are invested in the category journey.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Buyer will
- Have a strong Buying Background, having negotiated with significant brands previously in a branded and product development focussed role, can be across homewares, general merchandise, electrical, technology among other categories.
- Have a track record of overachieving on budgets, and improving YOY profit performance in previous roles.
- Be a very strong and tenacious negotiator, always leaving with the best deal possible
- Utilise data in order to fully understand customer behaviour and habits, as well as competitor activity to ensure they maintain a competitive advantage in this category
- Be detail oriented and know what's happening in their category at all times
- Will be able to commute to London on a Daily Basis
What's on Offer
The Successful Candidate will be working for a forward thinking retailer which is receiving great investment. They will have the opportunity to partner with best in class professionals in their respective job functions and work in a fast paced, yet highly collaborative environment.
The Salary on offer will be between £35-45k (depending on internal benchmarking).
Apply ASAP to find out more about this fantastic role.