Join a fast paced manufacturing business with a positive culture
Be an instrumental part of the procurement function in a growing organisation
About Our Client
My client is a growing manufacturing and production business based in Preston looking for a buyer to join their purchasing team and develop with the role and the business.
As a buyer your responsibilities will be;
- Forecast and Purchase materials and finished products inclusive of stock and non-stock items from UK suppliers.
- Keep up with demand and perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Liaising with other disciplines to ensure everyone is in line with expectations/ targets and any potential issues taken into consideration.
- Manage the overall purchasing process from start to finish and take ownership of your category.
- Maintain and analyse reports keeping an accurate record of all items and trends to optimise saving and sales potentials.
- Source, negotiate and build relationships with new and existing suppliers, including developing KPI's and rebates as applicable.
- Take a proactive approach in bettering processes and techniques within the department by using initiative and communicating with multiple departments.
- Review and authorise and place purchase orders and ensure accuracy.
- Monitor performance of both suppliers and internal to ensure demands are met as quality/ timescales are delivered.
- Source new suppliers and competitive quotes using RFQ's and research.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this buyer role based in Preston would be;
- Have a minimum of 2 years plus experience in a purchasing role within Manufacturing and Production.
- Preferably degree qualified
- Eager to deliver and grow within the role as well as having an organised mind-set and to perform well in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills and be proactive in their approach.
- Analytically minded and competent within EXCEL inclusive of generating reports.
What's on Offer
£23,000 - £27,000 + CIPS Support and Package