Growing business with proven record of success within their market
Take ownership of your category in a strategic role
About Our Client
My client is a growing and proven business within automotive based in Leyland, they are looking to expand their team within Purchasing in what is a strategic role. This role will provide potential progression, growth and further opportunities for candidates that are able to demonstrate the behaviours and skills desired. They are looking for a Buyer on a permanent basis in what is a fast paced and challenging role.
The key responsibilities for this Buyer based in Leyland will be;
- Maintain and create relationships with Suppliers and liaise with key stakeholders within the business.
- Negotiate and source materials and parts needed within associated with your category, on board new suppliers and take a strategic and collaborative approach with suppliers to ensure that the best overall results are achieved.
- Navigate the MRP system to ensure that the purchasing function is managed efficiently.
- Communicate internally and externally between different departments, suppliers and customers to ensure that expectations and targets are met.
- Observe, analyse and react to market trends and changes to ensure that savings are optimised and provisions are put in place linking to your categories.
- Manage a specific group of suppliers & commodities consistent with the expectations and objectives (Quality, Service, Cost) to deliver cost downs and support KPI's.
- Working efficiently to tight timescales to ensure tender deadlines are met, the role requires a dynamic and quick thinking approach to ensure optimised value for the company and the client.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful candidate for this Buyer role will be;
- Degree qualified.
- Able to demonstrate on their CV and verbally key deliverables and the capacity to work at a strategic purchasing level.
- CIPS qualified or the desire to work towards this qualification.
- Come from a fast paced environment preferably automotive, category management experience would be desirable.
- Already within a similar level purchasing role for a minimum of 2 year plus.
- Driven and the want to succeed and develop within purchasing.
What's on Offer
£28,000 - £36,000 + Package