Opportunity within a rapidly growing brand in the FMCG market
Must have a strong procurement background within the manufacturing industry.
About Our Client
My client is a well-recognised leader within the UK FMCG industry, with an expanding portfolio of bespoke products. With innovation at the heart of this business, the company seek a New Product Introduction buyer to focus on continuous improvements that will allow the company to remain at the forefront of their field. The opportunity presents a great work, life balance whilst remaining hardworking and professional.
A successful NPI Buyer will have strong negotiation skills to effectively negotiate with global suppliers to drive down costs and improve efficiencies, while managing a strong relationship. This individual will be integral to the successful execution of new product launches as they manage all SKUs and commodities.
- Placing purchase orders with suppliers
- Actioning and resolving of stock related issues with suppliers
- Checking that the correct quantity and type of goods have been received
The Successful Applicant
The NPI Buyer will have a proven track record within procurement, to ensure consistent cost efficiencies as well as a drive to succeed and a proactive approach to all tasks at hand. Manufacturing knowledge is essential. The ideal candidate will have a real passion to work for a rapidly growing company, as well as an understanding of the product design process. They will live local to Greenford, or willing to commute.
Other background essentials include:
- Purchasing/CIPS Qualification
- The ability to demonstrate a solid purchasing background in a relevant environment
- Have at least 5 years' experience in manufacturing.
What's on Offer
- Salary up to £40 000
- Benefits package, for example: Workplace pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, season tick loan, Childcare Vouchers
- Parking on site