Join a multinational aerospace business in a strategic and autonomous role
Opportunity to be part of a developed purchasing function
About Our Client
My client is an established multinational aerospace manufacturer based in the Warrington area looking for a Buyer to join their developed purchasing function. This is a great opportunity for someone to be involved in a strategic and autonomous role whilst working or procurement projects and implentation of strategic processes.
The key responsibilities within this Buyer role based in Warrington will be;
- Manage a global supply base, with the ability to mitigate risk throughout all suppliers.
- Manange castings and forgings as well as other key materials.
- Ensure quality and other aspects are met including costs in line with the business requirements.
- Create and implement strategic processes with a clear understanding of the market and achievement in mind.
- Liaise and report with Key stakeholders to ensure that everyone is aligned to the same targets and efficiency is maximised.
- Maintain market knowledge and be commercially astute.
- Build on new and existing relationships with suppliers whilst negotiating, improving terms/ performance, achieving cost savings and implementing strategies where possible.
- Take control of a large multi-site spend globally, coordinating purchasing requirements throughout.
- Drive change and new processes within the organisation, from concept through to implementation and successful delivery.
- Analyse spend reports to identify trends and cost saving opportunities.
- Assist others within the team and the business to understand best practise and the importance of positive supplier management.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Strategic Buyer role will be the following:
- Operating at a similar level in a strategic role within manufacturing prefereably aerospace and has procurement experience of 3 years plus.
- Degree and MCIPS qualified or working towards this
- Good knowledge of purchasing forgings and castings.
- Able to demonstrate key deliverables through strategic sourcing and show this on their CV.
- Show experience of global sourcing, as well as managing supplier performance, processes and policies.
- Able to communicate well with internal stakeholders and influence seniors and change within businesses..
- Has developed and implemented procurement strategies.
- Covered multiple categories inclusive of forgings and castings.
- Experienced in managing Projects and managing/delivering expectations.
- Have a strategic and innovative mind set with the overall needs of the business and improvement in mind and have great negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and commercial mind set.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic + Package