Fast-growing FMCG (non-food) organisation based in North Nottinghamshire
BRAND NEW role: focused on developing and driving the Purchasing function
About Our Client
My FMCG (non-food) manufacturing client based in North Nottingham, are looking to recruit a Senior Buyer to support their growing organisation.
They are highly seasonal and the majority of their portfolio is supplied via retail channels.
The Buyer will have the following responsibilities:
- Source materials and/or services required for the current/future needs of the company via appropriate suppliers. Additionally, be the company subject matter expert on all market conditions that may impact price stability, e.g. currency fluctuations and possible material shortages.
- Identify new suppliers for existing components to ensure uninterrupted supply.
- Negotiate and establish favourable SLA's, terms and conditions with suppliers for new and existing projects.
- Monitor contributory market factors to develop purchase strategies with Supply Chain Manager to ensure purchases are made at optimum market levels.
- Provide monthly forecasts to suppliers for fixed/variable production volumes based on monthly forecasted demand and/or market trends and conditions.
- Expedite/reschedule orders raised for materials and/or services; working closely with suppliers to ensure that all deliveries adhere to the company OTIF KPI, quality and presentation standards.
- Source components for all tests and trials and work with the Compliance, Regulatory and Production departments with regard to functionality of materials involved.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this exciting new role, will have CIPS Level 5/MCIPS or over 5 years' proven track record in a purchasing role, gained within an FMCG manufacturing environment.
Experience of contract negotiation, sourcing, inventory planning and MRP systems is key, as well as operational and computer systems management.
My FMCG client are looking for a self-starter who is driven, resilient and a genuine team player. The Senior Purchasing Manager will be an inquisitive, detail-oriented person with strong quantitative analytical skills and innovative approach to problem solving.
Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) capabilities required. Preactor and Navision experience would be highly advantageous.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered c. £38,000 - £42,000 plus package, and the chance to work for a growing business where you can really make this role your own!