Must have Far East sourcing experience
6+ years purchasing experience essential
About Our Client
My client is a well-known, reputable electronics manufacturer based on the east coast.
- Placing of accurate Purchase orders in a timely manner in line with MRP and system requirements on a day to day basis.
- Negotiate strongly and professionally with suppliers for components and goods purchased obtaining best prices, lead times and trading terms and agreements which add value to the supply chain for the company.
- Manage stock and inventory levels on specific components in line with company direction minimising excess stock levels and eradicating redundant stock.
- Ensure that the supplier and component system information is entered and kept up to date accurately on the Epicor system in line with company procedures.
- Liaise with other departments including engineering, building relationships and working with key stakeholders within the business on supplier and component related matters
- Source new suppliers and components both local and world wide ensuring all company quality requirements are maintained and adhered to for on boarding
- Engage with quality department on component / supplier issues and improve supplier performance as part of vendor rating.
- Liaise with suppliers worldwide building strong relationships with both internal and external contacts and maximising their potential where possible.
- Hold regular business reviews and audits with suppliers where necessary.
- Liaise with the materials controller and planning where applicable in relation to component issues, requests or amendments to plans along with component availability information.
- Work to key KPIs in the purchasing department ensuring deadlines are met and work load managed effectively.
Any relevant task deemed necessary to undertake as part of the purchasing department progression.
The Successful Applicant
- 6+ years purchasing experience
- Experience of sourcing electronics components
- Worldwide sourcing and import experience
- Experience of purchasing components in manufacturing business.
- Excellent Negotiation experience
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Organise,prioritise and manage workload
- Knowledge and understanding of Modern MRP purchasing systems
- IT / Excel skills
CIPS Level 4
What's on Offer
£40K salary DOE
Mon - Thurs 08:30 - 17:00, Fri 08:00 - 15:00
25 days holiday + bank holidays
5% pension contribution