Experience in a fast-paced multi-site environment
Ideally CIPS qualified or working towards
About Our Client
International retail supplier.
- Work closely with the Category Manager to agree buying strategy for the Categories in their control.
- To help drive attainment of shared cross-functional targets and to ensure agreed policy is implemented.
- Deliver category sales and profit growth against agreed targets.
- Accountable for working capital relating to categories, including inventory investment, stock on water and creditor days.
- Develop and deliver category specific business plans
- Deliver new product development and innovation as tasked within category business plan.
- Maintain control of the supplier base, working with the Sales teams to identify customers' purchasing patterns and subsequently identify an appropriate supplier sourcing framework by product, together with price and delivery negotiations in order to maintain competitor advantage.
- Understand market and customer trends and ensure that product procurement and placement reflect these trends accurately and ahead of time. Input into the businesses strategy in relation to competitor threats.
- Achieve/exceed target procurement prices & rebates
- Manage suppliers in an upfront, honest and mutually beneficial manner.
- Be able to conduct professional presentations to our customers giving the category view and compelling offer for our products, expertise and service
- Ensure that all customer enquiries and tenders including the maximum amount of additional price support receive timely responses, including all required information, in order to secure the business.
- Assist with and help resolve any pricing queries or problems that might arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure continuity of product supply at an acceptable quality level. Working with suppliers and supply chain colleagues to rectify any subsequently identified issues.
- Work closely with sales and inbound supply chain to ensure that the end-to-end supply chain costs do not exceed any procurement advantage achieved during price and delivery negotiations.
- Ensure all suppliers are focused on our Supplier charter elements and are fully signed up as 'A' category suppliers.
- Through the Quality Control function, ensure that the Group's Supplier Ethics and Trading policies and practices are monitored and maintained such that all suppliers comply with end-to-end best practice and the integrity of the Group's policies are retained.
- Maintain spend within budget.
- Strive to become the recognised expert within their own sector both across the Group and in the external marketplace.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in a fast paced, multi-site / multi-pick, trading environment.
- Ideally C.I.P.S. qualified or equivalent or working towards
- Good knowledge and understanding of Purchasing principles and disciplines.
- Financially and numerically astute and aware.
- Evidence of working closely and effectively with other functions especially Supply Chain, Quality, Sales and Customers.
- Customer focused, experienced at presenting to influence
- Good relationship builder - respected by suppliers, peers and senior managers alike, able to balance the requirements of different stakeholders.
- Highly organised and results driven, able to work at pace.
- Assertive style, enthusiasm and passion for the job.
- Team player.
- Good planning skills, market awareness and the ability to spot and take advantage of cultural and seasonal trends.
- Open to new ideas and able to bring new ideas to the business.
What's on Offer
£30,000 salary, plus +11% annual bonus paid out in March
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Monday - Friday, currently 2 days in office, 3 days working remotely
Benefits package including cycle to work scheme, pension, financial packages