Previous purchasing experience is essential, ideally within manufacturing
Great opportunity within a progressive business - Will fund CIPS
About Our Client
The client I'm representing are a multi-site manufacturing business based near Chester.
Main purpose of the Buyer role:
- Raise purchase orders to domestic and international suppliers in line with MRP demand.
- Pro-actively expedite the timely delivery of goods and services to meet business requirements.
- Build and develop collaborative relationships with suppliers.
- Involvement in monthly KPI verification of supplier results and achievements.
- Support the Procurement Manager in line with the company's annual purchasing cost reduction strategy.
Key responsibilities of the Buyer role:
- Progress and check order acknowledgements.
- Maintain accurate system data for suppliers, lead time, pricing, due dates, batch sizes and cost price fields for new items.
- Attend daily production meetings to provide updates on critical shortages and mitigate any potential delays to meeting customer deadlines.
- Consolidate shipments where possible to reduce both transportation and transactional costs.
- Maintain a risk assessment of key suppliers based on supplier quality and delivery performance, supply category and capacity to meet future demand.
- Negotiate competitive prices for products and services.
- Ensure the ERP system is amended for any variation against standard costs.
- Active involvement in cross-functional teams through interaction with Quality, Production, Goods In, Finance, Engineering and Sales.
- Identify any areas of concern and opportunities for continuous improvement, using 5S and lean principles.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Buyer role will ideally have the following key skills and qualities:
- Previous purchasing experience within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of MRP and ERP systems.
- Desirable CIPS or working towards a CIPS qualification
- Ability to use own initiative and work individually or as part of a team.
What's on Offer
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000