- Market leading FMCG manufacturing business in Milton Keynes
- A business that is seeing huge growth, a great time to join!
About Our Client
A world-renowned manufacturer based in Milton Keynes who work across multiple sites both in the UK and across the world. With over 130+ years of expertise within this sector they have now won contracts with some of the biggest high street retailers in the world.
They concentrate on delivering a best-in-class product with a real attention to detail and have cemented themselves as one of the best in the business.
This manufacturer is part of a much bigger group with multiple sites across the world. A business that is seeing huge growth - A great time to join!
- Managing a c. 8 million pound spend across a global supplier base inc far east.
- Ensuring all orders are placed within supplier lead times to deliver required stock to support Manufacturing and Sales activities.
- Ensuring stock availability targets are delivered by managing flow of products and taking corrective actions where required.
- Working closely with freight and shipping companies to improve flow of stock into the business. Taking care of any international customs paperwork or processes.
- Maintaining due dates on all outstanding Purchase Orders.
- Managing stock to agreed stock value targets and taking the lead with month and year end stock auditing activities for raw materials.
- Calling in raw materials in line with the manufacturing schedule.
- Supplier invoice matching and managing any queries that arise.
- Supplier management and monitoring.
- Consideration of environmental issues involved in purchasing materials or finished goods.
- Conduct price and service reviews and deal with any aspect of non-performance.
- Arranging for samples of new materials to be provided and evaluated. Responding to any detailed questions asked by the customer.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this buyer role will have the following qualities;
- Open, honest and good working relationship with colleagues.
- Experience in a fast paced, high volume and manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of procurement techniques.
- Good communicator, both written and oral.
- Experience working within a buyer role.
- A hungry and driven individual.
- An understanding of using MRP systems. (Microsoft dynamics advantageous)
- Good understanding of manufacturing and ability to integrate with all departments.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered c. £30-40000 plus package.