- Great company culture
- Progression opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a consumer goods business in Sheffield.
They have experience 20% growth year on year, including last year, and are currently operating at a £52M turnover.
This is a new role created to support the current purchasing function and ideal for Buyers looking for a role they can make changes in.
* As part of the team, oversee all purchasing and track spend against budget.
* Work with internal teams to forecast levels of demand for products to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained and that orders are placed in time to achieve targets and goals in the context of current shipping conditions.
* Hold responsibility for the purchasing process and the placing of orders with international suppliers, maintaining strong relationships.
* Maintain the delivery schedule of products and orders, working with internal teams such as Sales, Customer Service and Logistics to ensure operational efficiency and customer experience.
* Liaise effectively with the Spares Manager to ensure consistent supply of spare parts across Evolution locations.
* Maintain accurate records on internal systems and analyse data to support management in making informed key decisions.
* Strive to improve internal processes in support of better stock management to help improve production efficiency, including maintaining minimum and maximum stock levels.
* Work with the existing team to centralise the ordering process from the separate countries to streamline and maximise efficiency and cost.
The Successful Applicant
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and teams within the business.
* Willingness to take the initiative to support business leaders but attempt to improve process efficiencies.
* An analytical focus that can identify patterns in orders and market conditions to inform key business decisions.
* Strong organisation skills and attention to detail to be able to ensure that the company achieves time-bound projects.
* A degree of flexibility to be able to effectively react to short term projects and changes.
* A good level of IT knowledge with skills across the Microsoft programmes.
* Experience using SAP would be beneficial.
What's on Offer
* We are committed to developing our people to reach their full potential; we provide a wide range of personal and professional development opportunities throughout the year.
* 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
* Competitive Salary
* Health Benefit (cover for health, optical & dental + well-being discounts)
* Company Profit Share circa 6% of Annual Salary
* Pension Contributions
* Life Assurance
* Employee Product Discounts
* Company Leave Benefit (Paid leave for when most needed)
* Charity Focus (Opportunities to get involved, previous projects have included a trip to Malawi to attend the grand opening of the school Evolution built)
* Charity Matched Donation Scheme (Evolution will match employees raising donations for charity).