- A great opportunity within a global supply chain business
- Strong supplier management & expert negotiation skills is essential in this role
About Our Client
A global supply chain business.
As the Buyer you'll have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and Implement strategies on cost down initiatives
- Represent procurement function in client facing meetings/presentations
- Negotiate supplier commercials, contracts and supplier agreements
- Negate supplier
- Strategic spend analysis.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Resourcing activities.
- Ownership of client's strategic needs.
- Identify and mitigate supply and commercial risks throughout the implementation process.
- Optimise project deliverables consistent with the expectations and objectives surrounding quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Implement supplier rebates.
- Record client gainshare and cost reduction using ERP.
- Support operational needs as required.
- Manage a complex and varied workload to ensure focus is maintained on key actions
- Cross functional working.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Buyer role will have the following key skills & qualities:
- Experience in implementing commodity sourcing strategies.
- CIPS qualified (or studying towards).
- Running tenders and supplier benchmarking experience- engaging with strategic suppliers to ensure competitive commercial position.
- Able to work efficiently to tight timescales in an environment requiring attention to detail.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Professional and Ethical in approach.
- Excellent communicator at all levels across all media.
- Demonstrable track record in managing direct relationships with major suppliers.
- Good understanding of supply chain management and procurement, including best practise purchasing and sourcing tools and techniques.
- Excellent grasp of commercial purchasing opportunities, contract negotiation and management skills.
- Proven and experienced negotiator.
- ERP or MRP functionality.
- MS Office.
- Willingness to travel/offsite working
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £35,000
Scope for personal development