- Successful well-established business
- Excellent development opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a long established heavy metal manufacturer in Huddersfield.
What began as a small family run business has now grown to a highly successful manufacturer with almost 150 staff members.
- Purchasing the right quality equipment, goods and subcontract services at the competitive prices while meeting budget by good negotiation within limited time scale.
- Track and monitor the supplier on time delivery & quality, communicating within the supply chain.
- Expediting orders.
- Regular communication with Contracts, Design, Manufacturing, Sales & Service team for routine work and continuous improvement.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in purchasing
- Preferably some working experience in heavy mechanical parts purchasing/sourcing or manufacturing
- Good at negotiating, networking and dealing with numbers.
- Good quality and commercial awareness, preferably demonstrating cost saving achievement.
- Some experience of using any ERP systems on purchasing tasks.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate, i.e. be able to use MS Excel, and Outlook email.
- Customer oriented including internal customers.
What's on Offer
- Salary circa £30K DOE
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Mon - Fri 8.30 - 4.30
- 5% matched pension
- Training and development