About Our Client
My client is a well established, trusted and successful construction business that are experiencing a very busy period in their history and are looking to add a talented Buyer to their team to make the business as robust as possible heading into 2021.
- Administer the Requisition to Purchase Order process as described below - ensuring that the companies procedures are adhered to at all times
- Process requisitions in a timely manner and review supporting tender documentation (when required to do so).
- Issue enquiries to the market (when required to do so)
- Prepare detailed comparisons to support decision making
- Negotiate prices with suppliers to achieve best value
- Select suppliers based on their Supply Chain status, ability to meet the Projects needs and the Company's requirements.
- Evaluate value engineering opportunities in conjunction with the Project Team and help to co-ordinate changes in specification, development of working drawings and manufacturing schedules as required.
- Raise and issue robust Purchase Orders ensuring our teams are advised of any COSHH related matters and that our teams are made aware of any specific health and safety concerns.
- Uploading Purchase Orders to the Project folder in a timely manner
The Successful Applicant
- Good knowledge of Procurement and the legal concept of offer and acceptance
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors; including terms & conditions
- Commercial Awareness and an understanding of the battle of the form's
- Understanding of the 4 Key Principles of Procurement as below:
- 5 Rights of Procurement
- Like for like bids/submissions
- Risk Management
- Maximised Opportunity
- Prioritise workload and work to deadline
- Work on own initiative and to timescales
- Provide good quality output in a fast-moving and fluid environment
- Initiative required to facilitate successful delivery in moving markets and sectors
- Good communication skills
- Diplomatic, assertive, influencing, personable, tenacious & organise
- Computer literate (i.e use of excel, word, power-point, etc) and other web-based systems
- Good understanding of Company operating systems
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £45k plus competitive package for the ideal candidate.