An opportunity to support the purchasing team within a fast-paced manufacturer
Experience sourcing materials within manufacturing and using MRP is essential
About Our Client
I've exclusively partnered up with a manufacturing business near Bolton which specialise in bespoke, made-to-order products.
As the Buyer you'll have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the Procurement Manager in line with the companies annual purchasing strategy.
- Manage commodities in line with MRP and sourcing / buying to support business requirements
- Active involvement in cross-functional teams to source special customer requirements to ensure the supplier can meet the expectations of the customer
- Purchasing of materials and services.
- Maintain accurate system data for suppliers, lead time, pricing, due dates, batch sizes and cost price field for new items.
- Build and develop good supplier relationships.
- Pro-actively expediting the timely delivery in full to suit business requirements. Ensure everything possible is done to alleviate and overcome problematic due dates.
- Attend weekly production meetings to Provide relevant updates as soon as possible for any parts which cannot meet business time frames.
- Involvement in monthly KPI verification of results and achievements.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to purchasing, quality management and health & safety.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Buyer role will ideally have past experience within manufacturing, with good knowledge for the procurement and specification of raw materials and propriety items used in a fast paced manufacturing environments.
Key skills and qualities:
- Experience within an engineering Purchasing / Supply Chain environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to all levels of the business.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team player
- Result driven
- Proficient in Excel
- MRP / ERP systems experience
What's on Offer
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000