- Industry Leader
- Career progression
About Our Client
A pioneering modular housing company manufacturing precision engineered eco-homes and leading the way in modern methods of construction.
- Provide a professional, efficient and effective plant and material procurement service, placing timely orders in line with the production plan and ensuring delivery in accordance with:
- Standard company operating procedures;
- Standard terms and conditions of purchase;
- Cost improvement targets;
- Required quality and quantity;
- Planned delivery dates.
- Expedite to achieve build dates and changing production requirements including updating relevant teams
- Review and monitor stock levels to maximise business efficiency
- Support the business's Strategic Category management approach for direct and indirect materials framework agreements
- Resolve supplier issues to ensure the efficient delivery of materials to site and the factory
- Work with the wider supply chain team to identify and correct any deviation from the plan so that we produce our homes in time and to specification each and every time.
- Track material cost fluctuations/price increases and highlight any adjustments
- Liaise with the Quality Team to review and support improvements in supplier and product quality
- Working with the engineering and design teams to support in the introduction of new products and providing a rapid response and support on design changes.
- Keep detailed records and maintain well-organized work / procurement schedules
- Prepare and contribute to cost reports in order to maximize efficiencies within the business
- Provide support to the Accounts team to ensure prompt resolution of invoice queries / issues;
- Contribute to the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures;
- Participate and contribute to regular Supply Chain Team meetings and forums to communicate developments, share good practice and up-skill our people.
- Develop new and existing supplier relationships to improve their value to the business
- Participate in establishing the business as an industry leader in MMC Supply Chain Management.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications & Training:
- Have or working towards professional procurement qualification
- Manufacturing experience is essential with proven purchasing and negotiation skills
- Working with ERP/MRP systems and ideally Microsoft Dynamics or Nav
- Knowledge of best practice supply chain management tools
- Strong industry and sector knowledge
Qualities & Attitude:
- Confident, approachable, listening, respectful, enthusiastic.
- Tenacious with an eye for detail and ability to learn new products and processes quickly
- Flexible and understanding the need to adapt to different demands as our new business grows
- Commercial awareness
- Self-motivated/ability to motivate and enthuse others
- Reliable and disciplined in meeting deadlines
- Behaves ethically/acts with integrity
- Resilient and copes with pressure
- Team orientated and promotes teamwork
- Excellent negotiation skills
Ability to build strong relations internally and externally
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + statutory Bank Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Company pension contribution
- Death In Service
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised Canteen