Buying Manager position - managing a large and experienced team
P&L responsibility overseeing a multimillion pound FMCG Category
About Our Client
The Client are a well known FMCG Retailer based in London. The business have a significant footprint both nationally and an international presence as well. The retail organisation has experienced an endured period of growth and have a fantastic foothold and incredible market share which allows them to be one of the biggest players in their industry.
As Buying Manager you will be responsible for
- Managing a team of buyers and senior buyers through to admin staff
- Overseeing and managing category P&L
- Delivering category strategy inline with company objectives
- Manage Supplier Portfolio, ensuring long term business plans are established and partnerships are improved
- Negotiate best terms and set a working example for subordinates
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Buying Manager will
- Be an experienced Buying Manager/ Senior Buyer
- Have extensive Retail buying experience negotiating and partnering with international FMCG suppliers as well as identifying essential new products to introduce
- Have experience managing a team of buyers/ senior buyers
- Have had full P&L exposure and be able demonstrate effective commercial performance across a whole category
- Be able to commute to London on a daily basis
What's on Offer
The Successful Buying Manager will have the unrivalled opportunity of working in a great, growing retail organisation who have a sustainable and credible long term business plan to further develop their customer proposition.
Depending on experience they be able to earn between £50-60k + package.