12 month contract with a super exciting homewares brand in Surrey
Managing a team and the buying for the soft furnishings category
About Our Client
The Client are a well known and trend driven homewares brand based in Surrey. They are well known for their supreme quality of their products and their amazing designs. The client have an incredible culture and look after their staff extremely well.
As Buying Manager you will be responsible for
- Buying the Soft furnishings category for the business
- Managing the buying team, all at varying levels and responsible for different product categories - ensuring a cohesive and commercially viable range is brought to market
- Delivering business strategy including commercial performance, category growth, new product development
- Liaise with current supplier base as well as sourcing new suppliers to ensure quality and price are optimised.
- Travelling to the Far East twice a year to meet suppliers and potential future suppliers
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Buying Manager will
- Be a well versed product development/ buying professional
- Have a background in sourcing product from the Far East, ideally Soft furnishings and filled products.
- Be creative and commercial in their working, being able to combine their creative flair whilst ensuring they devliver high impactcommercial results
- Be a team player - happy to get involved in all aspects of not only the role but also the business.
- Be a great team leader and people manager, able to mix their style accordingly to optimise performance from their team and the business
What's on Offer
The Successful Buying Manager will be working in amazing offices in Guildford with a forward thinking business and team. They will have a great chance to lead the team and buy some awesome product and bring new ranges to market. It is a 12 month contract and will pay between £40-45k for the right person.