CAD Design Engineer
Interim CAD Design Engineer for 6 month contract in Hampshire.
Opportunity to have high impact within a start-up manufacturing business.
About Our Client
My client is a rapidly growing start-up design, manufacturing and installation business in Hampshire.
The CAD Design Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- CAD modelling/definition (in Onshape) of products using inputs from architectural and construction design info (drawing and models), creating outputs of 3D parametric CAD models and 2D part drawings.
- Production of layouts, BOMs and part drawings to ensure both procurement and manufacturing can describe, procure and make the product.
- Manage parallel BOMs in the MRP system (Factory Master) with drawing references back to the design system.
- Support the development of in-house designs with ideas, package studies, layouts and concept work.
- Assist the development of additional manufacturing information - floor layouts, SOPs and cutting lists.
- Production of 3D illustrative information for stakeholder future decision-making.
- Coordinating with any appointed suppliers or manufacturing design consultants where necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Design Engineer within an engineering and manufacturing business.
- Knowledge of conceptualising, modelling, drafting products to meet specification and achieve design direction.
- Knowledgeable in the use of 3D parametric modelling (e.g. Onshape, Solidworks, Catia).
- Able to produce manufacturing information and knowledge of Design for Manufacture techniques.
- Knowledge in ERP/PDM to control BOMs and CAD interfaces and ensure version control.
- Degree in relevant technical discipline.
- Knowledge of engineering drawings, draughting standards and applying GD&T to part drawings.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and design constraints.
What's on Offer