- Fantastic organisation
- opportunity to develop your skills as a capital programme management officer
About Our Client
London Based Local Authority
To take primary responsibility for the the key processes that underpin the successful delivery of the council's multi-year capital programme. Including the governance, management, monitoring and identification of risks across the capital portfolio.
* To create and promote continuous improvement and effective delivery of the capital programme and actively promote the integration of functions within the capital and sub-boards with the wider finance community.
* The CPMO will be required to maintain central project records and co-ordinate the production of regular reports on projects, spend to date, project changes, programme risks and update forward plans.
* The CPMO is also a key advisor across all project portfolios within the capital programme and supporting the effective communication and integration between project teams, stakeholders and the various sub-boards.
The Successful Applicant
Provide effective management of the council's capital programme, including:
* The production of reporting materials, co-ordination of papers and forward planning.
* Ensure that all guidance documents and templates remain fit for purpose and up to date.
* Co-ordinate risk and issue management, develop the programme risk and issue register and track/identify the RAG status on project progress reports.
* In conjunction with Project/Programme Managers monitor and report on programme-wide expenditure, funding, financial and non-financial benefits.
* Work with programme managers to identify programme challenges and translate these into remedial actions.
Version 1: June 2021
Date of Job Evaluation 11/08/2021 Page 2 of 4
* Develop and Implement an effective benefits realisation process to enable reporting throughout the life and upon closure of a project. Provide constructive challenge where projects and programmes are not achieving.
2. To develop and maintain effective project management tools/practices that are promoted across all work streams. To lead on the maintenance, administration and implementation of software to ensure the breadth of the capital programme is captured and reported. Develop new reports as and when required.
3. Work collaboratively with programme/project managers in the development of inter-disciplinary programmes within the capital portfolio, from inception through to delivery.
4. Advise and support the identification, development and delivery, as well as the development of governance arrangements with service areas.
5. To support the capital team in the production of clear and plausible business plans.
6. The management of scrutiny arrangements for a multi-year capital investment programme.
7. The maintenance of a risk and contract database as required.
8. To collate, analyse and present audit information and/or findings to the various sub boards and the capital programme board and develop solutions to address findings.
9. Monitor capital programme delivery, project changes, risks and implementation of recovery plans ensuring continuous challenge when required.
10. Identify and report potential performance challenges, related causes and any wider implications at an early stage and work with services to address them.
11. Manage the development and dissemination of good practice in terms of standards, methods and processes for effective programme management across the capital portfolio.
12. Lead on project and programme management improvement approaches, methodologies and systems to build sustainable capacity amongst managers across the organisation.
13. To manage the development and implementation of coaching and training materials on project management.
14. Monitoring the activity of local staff/teams to ensure that systems and processes are adhered to.
15. Bring to the attention of the Head of Finance any non-compliance with the council's financial regulations.
16. To manage an annual audit/improvement plan and oversee audits of capital programme activities to ensure a consistent set of standards and verifiable outputs across the different teams.
17. Assist the Head of Finance to support strategic and operational directors, and Members in engaging with the capital portfolio and other capital programme activities within the council.
18. To contribute to the drafting of the capital investment strategy and funding applications.
19. Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way
What's on Offer
Fantastic team environment
Three month contract
Opportunity for progression