Capital Projects Manager - Higher Education
Capital Project Manager opportunity with a globally recognised University
Chance to contribute to an ambitious and innovative capital project programme
About Our Client
My client are a leading UK University with exceptional arts, sports, science, teaching, residential and leisure facilities; an established estates team, ambitious capital programme and advanced faculty programme management strategy.
- The Capital Projects Manager will be a part of something exciting and meaningful. This is a unique and powerfully rewarding role. You will be building a legacy and making a real difference: A difference to students, faculty, the local community, the environment, research capability, the arts and science.
- The University's current developments are worth circa £300m with additional projects in the pipeline at feasibility stage.
- Each project will be subject to a carbon modelling and biodiversity strategy, that will enable consistency in build approach, whilst promoting sustainable development methodologies, and providing facilities that help to protect their environment for many years to come.
- The team are responsible for completing the upfront work required to strategical set up a project, undertaking a rigorous process of; planning consent, budgetary controls, procurement, strategic risk management and hands-on-delivery.
- The Capital Projects Manager will bolster the existing team, with a primary focus on delivery, responsible for:
- Representing the University as the client body.
- Turning and shaping University project briefs into development briefs before presenting to external Consultants.
- Overseeing appointed Consultants - asking open questions and productively challenging them to ensure projects are on-brief and on-track.
- Attending site to physically check work quality and progress.
- Effectively communicating with project stakeholders and working as a cohesive unit with other estate teams, including the Faculty Projects team.
The Successful Applicant
- You will have a solid grounding in the construction industry, having worked client-side or for a consultancy.
- It is expected that you will have delivered high value, challenging projects, where you will have had close stakeholder engagement in a challenging environment.
- You will have a strong grasp of project and programme management, helping non-technical stakeholders to understand and progress the project.
- Effective communication is critical: Each project involves many stakeholders with competing views and objectives. You must be capable of taking people on a journey - to help them become a supporting influence, whilst enabling you to work to strict deadlines.
- You will be professionally qualified with the RICS, IOB or equivalent.
- Experience working in a University setting is highly advantageous.
- Cost management experience is desirable but not essential.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and package on offer.